THIS IS A 3-HOUR CLASS. REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 4:30PM ON AUGUST 20.
CLASS MEETS ON AUGUST 21
Spend a few hours learning the core techniques of jewelry making and becoming familiar with the tools and equipment of a metalsmithing studio. You will practice several fabrication techniques in copper and, at the end of the class, each student will leave with three sterling silver bangles.
IN THIS 3-HOUR CLASS, YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Form metal using a bracelet mandrel
- Prepare a proper joint for soldering
- Safely use a torch
- Solder a basic butt joint
- File, sand, polish, and texture
- Chemically oxidize non-ferrous metals
- Use a flex shaft
All materials, including Sterling Silver, are provided.
- Studio Rules: Closed-toe shoes are required. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in rotary tools. Wear long hair tied back.
Multiplicity Class/Workshop Cancellation Policy
Students who call to cancel at least 72 hours prior to the start date of a paid class/workshop will receive a full refund in the original form of payment. Students who call to cancel between 25 hours and 71 hours prior to the start date of a paid class/workshop will get a studio/store credit in the form of a Multiplicity gift certificate. Cancellations within the 24 hours prior to the start date of any paid class/workshop will not be refunded. No-call/no-show students are not eligible for refunds or store credits.
~ Dates, times, prices, and information are subject to change at any time. ~