This introductory course will focus on learning basic sawing and metalsmithing techniques as well as the proper use of a variety of tools.
This is Day 4 of a 6-day course. Registration for this course closes at 4:30pm on January 7.
CLASS MEETS ON JANUARY 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24
In this 6-Day Course, you will learn to:
- Layout your design onto metal
- Saw with a jeweler’s saw
- Use a drill press
- Pierce a design in metal sheet
- Texture metals using a variety of hammers and a rolling mill
- Use disk and shape cutters to punch out metal
- Use wood and steel dapping blocks
- Chemically oxidize non-ferrous metals
- Use round nose, flat nose, chain nose pliers, and flush cutters
- File, sand, burnish, and polish
TUITION (includes ALL materials): $380 for the 6-Day Course
*Copper, brass and/or nickel are used in all projects. Sterling silver will be available for purchase at current market prices during class time.
- Studio Rules: Closed-toe shoes are required. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in rotary tools. Wear long hair tied back.
Multiplicity Class/Workshop Cancellation Policy
Students who call to cancel at least 72 hours prior to the start date of a paid class/workshop will receive a full refund in the original form of payment. Students who call to cancel between 25 hours and 71 hours prior to the start date of a paid class/workshop will get a studio/store credit in the form of a Multiplicity gift certificate. Cancellations within the 24 hours prior to the start date of any paid class/workshop will not be refunded. No-call/no-show students are not eligible for refunds or store credits.
~ Dates, times, prices, and information are subject to change at any time. ~