INTRODUCTION TO WAX CARVING*
This introductory skill class will focus on learning basic wax carving techniques and the proper way to use a variety of tools to create simple designs in wax. Students will learn to saw and file various geometric shapes, incorporating the techniques taught in this 2-day class.
*This class does not include casting and finishing.
THIS IS DAY 1 OF A 2-DAY CLASS. REGISTRATION FOR THIS CLASS CLOSES AT 4:30PM ON JANUARY 15.
THIS AFTERNOON CLASS MEETS ON JANUARY 16, 23.
In this Project Class, you will learn to:
- Saw with a spiral wax blade
- Use a double end wax file
- Handle basic wax carving tools
- Use a flex shaft
- Work with both soft and hard waxes
- Use a wax pen to make wax beads
- Cut, carve, and saw out basic geometric shapes
TUITION (includes ALL materials): $150 for the 2-Day Class
- Studio Rules: Closed-toe shoes are required. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in rotary tools. Wear long hair tied back.
Multiplicity Class/Workshop Cancellation Policy
Students who call to cancel at least 72 hours prior to the start date of a paid class/workshop will receive a full refund in the original form of payment. Students who call to cancel between 25 hours and 71 hours prior to the start date of a paid class/workshop will get a studio/store credit in the form of a Multiplicity gift certificate. Cancellations within the 24 hours prior to the start date of any paid class/workshop will not be refunded. No-call/no-show students are not eligible for refunds or store credits.
~ Dates, times, prices, and information are subject to change at any time. ~