THIS 2-DAY WORKSHOP MEETS ON SATURDAY & SUNDAY, JULY 27 & 28
PRE-REQUISITE/SKILL LEVEL: This class is open to all skill levels and will be taught to engage the beginner and further the skills of advanced students.
The class will be designed to teach how to set up and use an indigo vat for dyeing indigo fabrics. The fabrics will be manipulated for dyeing by using classic Shibori techniques. These techniques will include clamping (itajime), stitching (Nui), pole wrapping (Arashi) and pleated and bound (Kumo).
- Learn how to set up an indigo vat.
- Easy clamping techniques for a big result.
- Learn the ins and outs of stitching – size of stitches and placement.
- Pole wrapping in different ways for different results.
- How to finish the fabrics for use in quilts or clothing or home décor.
MINIMUM STUDENTS: 5
MAXIMUM STUDENTS: 15
WORKSHOP FEE: $320
KIT FEE: $29.23 ($27 + tax)
KIT INCLUDES: Kit fee includes all the supplies used in this two-day class, which includes dyes, resists and two silk scarves.
MATERIALS THAT STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE FOR THIS WORKSHOP:
- Long dish washing style gloves
- Students are invited to bring additional items from home to dye at the end of class. They must be scoured and prepared for dyeing before class. Contact Debbie if you have questions regarding the prep for these items. email@example.com
Also available for purchase:
- Additional silk scarves, napkins, towels, indigo kits, resist shapes
- Bring a sack lunch or plan to make a delivery order. A refrigerator and microwave are available for student use. Bottled water is provided.
- Studio Rules: Closed-toe shoes are required. Do not wear loose clothing that could get caught in rotary tools. Wear long hair tied back.
TO REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS, PLEASE PAY THROUGH OUR CONVENIENT ONLINE CART (preferred method), COME BY IN PERSON, or CALL:
Multiplicity Shop – 832.437.2442 or Multiplicity Studio – 832.437.6329
Payment is required at time of registration.
INFORMATION FOR TRAVELERS: KATY AREA HOTELS
VISITING ARTIST WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
If minimum enrollment is not met within 30 days of the start date, the Visiting Artist may cancel the workshop. In this instance, all paid students will be fully refunded.
If students cancel their enrollment 30 or more days from the start date of a paid Visiting Artist workshop, they will receive a full refund. Cancellations within 29 or fewer days from the start date of a paid Visiting Artist workshop will not be refunded.