Chalk Paint® 101 – The Basics Workshop
If you love to paint with Chalk Paint® but have never had any formal training, or if you have heard all about Chalk Paint® but have never tried it out, this is a great workshop for you! In this 6-hour workshop, you will learn why people rave about this great paint that was formulated to rejuvenate old furniture without all of the hard, time-consuming work of sanding and stripping.
In this 6-hour workshop, you will learn the most common techniques used in painting with Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint by Annie Sloan, including:
- Simple Finish – with both brush-stroke texture and stipple texture
- Smooth Finish
- Two-Color Distressed Finish
- Color-Washed Finish
You will also learn how to:
- Use the clear and dark waxes to enhance your pieces
- Successfully use stencils in your painting projects
- Recognize and avoid problems while painting with Chalk Paint®
You will leave the class with your sample boards displayed on a magnet board, giving you the option to hang them in your home for a reference while doing your paint projects. Come and join in the Chalk Paint® FUN!
We will be taking a short break in the middle of the workshop to reenergize, so students should bring a small snack or lunch.
Cost – $195